Since we're halfway between Anchorage and Denali Park Entrance, both by rail and road, an overnight stay in the Talkeetna Roadhouse is a great way to break up a long trip. Overnight guests wake up to the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls and hot coffee, the sound of local chatter and the rustle of the morning newspaper... and perhaps a fleeting feeling of just what Talkeetna was like nearly a century ago. Our rooms are simple, cozy and configured for singles, couples and families. The Outhouse was abandoned long ago and now, thankfully, the bathrooms are just "down the hall" in typical modern day Roadhouse fashion.
The three rooms upstairs share one bathroom, equipped with a clawfoot tub and shower, Rubber Duckey, Mr. Bubble, sink and toilet. The two downstairs rooms, Bunk Room, and the "Little Cabin in the Back" share four bathrooms down the hall, three of which have showers. Our total capacity for overnight guests, including our off-site Trapper John's Cabin and Museum Apartment, is 32 people, making the Roadhouse a great home base for family reunions or other group gatherings.
The Main Room in the Roadhouse has big tables on which to play cards or board games, spread out maps, write letters or enjoy a beer and a bowl of soup. The living room is host to a piano that is tuned twice a year, a rock fireplace that keeps couch lovers toasty and more National Geographic magazines than a person could ever read in a long, long Alaskan Winter!
WiFi flows throughout the main building. We also have coin-op washers and dryers open to the public from 8am - 8pm daily year round.
Located in the part of the Roadhouse that was built in the 1940's when we were officiallydesignated a "Roadhouse".
is located downstairs and offers a single bed and a full bed, plus a sink.
is located downstairs and offers one Queen bed, as well as a sink.
is located downstairs and offers 2 bunks (sleeps total of 4 guests, co-ed and linen provided).
Rooms 1, 2, the Bunk Room, and the
"Little Cabin in the Back" share 4 bathrooms and 3 showers.
Located in the original log building dating back to 1917.
Check out the PHOTOGALLERY.
MAKE A RESERVATION
Click Here to Check Room Availability.